If you follow me on Twitter (
Check me out!) then you would know that I went to Slow Flow Yoga tonight at my gym. Holy not so flexible! I used to be a BIG fan of yoga. I went every single day in Connecticut and for some reason just got out of the habit when I moved to Boston. I decided a few weeks ago to get back into it a bit more so I pulled out the mat and found a class at my gym. I've tried a few but this slow flow one almost killed me! We hold each posture for so long that everything feels like I'm lengthening it. I realize that is the point, but I felt like Gumby when I walked out of that joint. I hurt oh so good...
When I got home I was craving two things...chickpeas and brussels sprouts. I made up my
chole and naan meal and added some roasted brussel sprouts with onions on the sides.
Brussels sprouts are a fun veggie.Add a little olive oil and salt & pepper and you immediately get a party.
When I roast them the key is to go just a few more minutes in the oven more than you think you would. Those little burnt marks on the sprouts actually make the best flavor on the veggie!
My little meal filled my plate to the brim and it looked so yummy! See some of those delicious looking burn marks?!
The best part of making this meal is that it all makes for some great leftovers. I packed up my extra and had lunch ready to go for tomorrow. Packing the night before is the way to go.
Hope you guys all have a great night! Hopefully I can pull myself out of bed tomorrow. ;)
Question of the day: Do you practice yoga? Are you a fan?