It is a good thing that my Dad ate such a yummy breakfast because we had a busy day of...gardening! I had plants ready to be put into pots and vegetables ready to start growing.
I'm sad to report that because of all the rain from previous months my garlic got a bit waterlogged. I felt like it was such a waste of time! So sad. :(
However, I didn't want to dwell and figured I will just focus on making my new herbs and veggies the best they can be. I'm still really learning about this whole container gardening thing so keep your fingers crossed for some good results. I'm not asking for a green thumb, but is it too much to ask for a tomato and pepper?!
My herb garden. I went with a few basil plants, chives, oregano, lavender, thyme, and parsley. I also have a little water cress off to the side.
I had a lot of success with my Topsy Turvy last year so it made another appearance this year. Dad helped me put it back together for a repeat year!
I also got a few other goodies planted. I am trying for eggplant, red and yellow peppers, cucumbers, and another attempt at garlic.
I'm warning you now. I'm obsessed with my "garden". Be prepared for updates and frequent pictures!
Question of the day: Are you a gardener? What is your fave thing to grow? Any tips for a newbie to gardening?!

