Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strrriiiiiikkkkkeeee!

Well...not exactly.

I took my Dad candle pin bowling tonight. After a few years of Wii bowling I thought I was a bowling expert, but after two attempts at candlepin I can admit that I stink. The first time I went with The Scientist I felt like I was having an official learning experience. I stunk it up royally but what do you expect for the first time? Tonight was my second visit to candlepin and I'm sad to report that I'm just as bad as originally thought. Sigh...

My Dad was a bowler back in the day. Can't you tell from that great form?





Good form or not, pro candlepin bowling is not in our future. I've never had such a low bowling score! (I'm player 1) Our combined score of 111 is considered a sad score for regular 10 pin bowling!


                                                

Despite our poor showing, we had a fantastic time. Candlepin reminds me of skee ball from my old school Chuck E' Cheese days. If you know me, you know I love skee ball. I recently found out that my Mom is a huge fan too. She even has an Itouch app! Strange things run in our family. 


                                             
                                                    

The Scientist came with us, but he didn't bowl. Apparently there are some basketball games happening that are major so he was preoccupied with the tv. This is exactly how he looked between every single time one of us bowled.


                                      

Bad bowling=Smiles all around!



Good effort on the part of Team M&M! Next time we might just go play skee ball and call it a day.