Friday, April 23, 2010

Park it...

Have you ever walked through Central Park? This 843 acre, 2.5 mile long public park is possibly my most favorite place on Earth. Well, besides my parents house. (Hi Mom & Dad!)

Over the years I've visited the park during almost every season and make it a point to always take a little walk through on every visit.

May 2003, My first trip to NYC where there wasn't snow

Feb 2005, The Gates Exhibit

November 2009, with Kyle

The sun was shining and I was in a good mood, so I decided to keep the tradition alive. First...lunch. 

I made a pit stop at Lenny's, a chain sandwich joint, for a avocado sandwich. I love that you can add whatever fixins you desire. It was so packed with men in suits that I was starting to wonder if I was accidentally on the set of a movie. 


I was secretly glad that I didn't have to take my sandwich back to work. I was off to have a picnic! 3 things were required for my picnic:

1. The perfect spot


2. Some yummies. This includes my free frozen yogurt bar.

3. A juggler.

All of these make for a Happy Erin!





After lunch I took a little nap and then did some walking around. I was on a quest to find the same area from 2003 when I found the tulips above. Just as I was giving up...SUCCESS!!!





I was so happy to find the flowers that I skipped through the city until I hit Union Sq and the market. I go weak in the knees for a farmer's market.


Lovely Lavendar...I could smell it 3 tents over!

Local Wine

Some local talent

Giant Ostrich Eggs

Some more "talent"

Woollypockets! You too can now grow a garden anywhere!

Even more local talent!

And a little bit of humor

Tonight is dinner with Meg and another friend, Topher...with a groupon, of course!