I won Blazers tickets from Healthworks the other day and since I had a great time at the last game I was super excited to go back. After a mediocre dinner at The Fours, The Scientist and I showed up at TD Banknorth just in time for us to hear them announce the Blazer players and watch see the other team, the Minnesota Swarm, come out too. The game also started with a bagpipe player. I wish I would have gotten a better picture of him! It sounded great and was creepily haunting.The last time I saw a bagpipe player in person was at a wedding. Strange but true.
I couldn't help but laugh at the Minnesota Swarm's uniforms. I'm pretty sure that the front had a dragonfly on it. The blue and yellow stripes were so distracting and made me giggle.
I did a little better this time getting a picture of the two of us. Not necessarily the most flattering, but at least we are in focus.
The game was great. Lots of awesome plays, but way too many fouls. I was a bit disappointed there weren't more fights. Is that wrong?
After this game, I did a little digging around online to find out more about the whole National Lacrosse League (NLL). I came across an article that had a whole feature on Dan Dawson, the MVP of the NLL and also a Boston Blazer. According to the article Dawson makes the max salary you can in the NLL and it is...are you ready for this?.... $24,650. Seriously?! It ends up that he is a firefighter M-F in Canada, flys to whatever city they are going to play on Friday night, plays on Saturday, and goes back home next Sunday. My fave player and the goalie, Anthony Cosmo, is a school teacher for his day job. How cool is that?!
I'm an even bigger fan now.

