Saturday, February 27, 2010

Goooo Blazers! (Day 57)...


Blog friends, say hello to Marta!

Marta and I checked out Boston's very own professional lacrosse team, the Boston Blazers, tonight. Ready for this?! I loved it! It was pretty easy to follow and our seats were close enough (row 3) that we were able to keep track of where the ball was the whole time. All sports are more fun to watch when you can see where the ball is. True statement. 

Awesome seats=Great view!

The crowd was really pumped to be there and they do all kinds of fun giveaways throughout the night.  In addition to loving these goofy looking men run around holding nets, I got a big kick out of watching them poke each other with their sticks and all the fights that go down during the game. 

The only odd part of the night comes from the famous jumbotron thingy. Whenever they want people to yell "Defense!" this dinosaur straight out of the old 70s godzilla movie comes on the screen and stomps to "Defense!". 

See? I got it mid word but you get the idea.

The other goodie from the jumbotron is this fish thing. Do you remember those commercials with the mounted fish that sings "give me that fillet-o-fish, give me that fish"? Well they used that fish to repeat over and over, "Put your hands in the air!".


                                     



A combo fish and dinosaur show!
                                     

They also had the classic Get Loud meter. Can you spot what makes this Get Loud meter Boston specific?

                                    

The Blazers played a great game, I picked Jon "Bubba" Durno as my favorite player and in the end we won!

GO BLAZERS!
11-9