Sunday, April 23, 2006

"Hey! Wake up and look at the foliage!"

As a kid my parents and I drove up to Pittsburgh every Christmas to visit my family for the holidays. We would pack up the car and spend two days on the road. While my parents, well really just my dad because my mom nodded off, would listen to books on tape (thank goodness for Cracker Barrel!) I would sleep in the backseat. About every hour or so I would hear the excitement in my dad's voice rise and he would say, "Hey! Erin, wake up and look at that!" I would spring up ready to see a beautiful rainbow, a famous person walking down the street, or maybe even a huge house decorated with ridiculous Christmas decorations...but no. It was foliage. Colored leaves on the side of mountain over the course of 2 days does not make for the excitement my dad was giving it.

BUT!

That was then and this is now...

Boston has seasons. Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I had heard of these things "seasons" but I haven't really ever seen them in action. I moved to Boston at the end of September. I was expecting Fall and this is what I was greeted with in October...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
But by Halloween it looked like this!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Are you kidding me?! Snow on Halloween. HA!

Fortunately I got a chance to see some real leaf changing in November. A leisurely walk through Boston Common and this is what you can see...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
People even enjoyed the beauty by having a wedding in the middle of the common! How great is that?!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Korky even enjoyed it. :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

However, the nice weather was shortly enjoyed before winter truly came down in Boston. December saw this...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It stayed that way all the way through January and finally a huge storm came in February, just in time to celebrate my 26th birthday!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My mom even got a chance to check out the snow. We looked like we wore the same outfit the whole weekend!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fortunaely, spring has sprung...well almost. The trees have started to bloom a bit!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My first full out spring is right around the corner! April showers bring May flowers, right?! Well at least I can enjoy the foliage. ;)