Sunday, May 23, 2010

The start of the SOWA (Day 142)...

You know its summer when I bust out my first SOWA trip! The SOWA is the South End Open Market. The market is a variety of vendors in an outdoor setting. You can find everything from photography, paintings and blow glass to handmade soaps, tshirts, and funky jewelry. I love seeing the things that people make with their own hands and creativity.

I forgot my camera at home so my little phone camera had to make do. So sad! It was a beautiful day and I would have loved to spend it just taking photos of all the awesome products. One thing I really thought was awesome was these floor mats. They are hand-painted floor cloths and they are absolutely STUNNING. My photos don't do them any justice. If I had $250 to spare, the red poppy mat would be MINE.


There was some uber creative displays in place too. This nifty vintage store set up shop in an airstream. Forget those boring white tents. Use a trailer! In addition to the funky finds outside, you could also go inside to do some shopping. How great is that?!


Just across the way I spotted a bright tent with these fantastic onesies. I don't have kids, but have plenty of friends that do. If you are one of my friends who has a kid that *may* be named Tyler, skip this little blurb of photos or risk spoiling a surprise. ;) These tshirts and onesies are just perfect for the kid that already has a bit of an attitude before he can speak!


This is the uber cute item that came home with me. Just imagine your kid in something so cool!

*Michelle, you can start reading....NOW*

I couldn't let the baby be the only one rocking an entertaining shirt, so I picked one up for myself. Nooo...not a tuxedo shirt. A MUSTACHE SHIRT! Everything from this vendor has a mustache theme and it cracks me up. Be sure to check out Fuzzy ink's site. Their shirts are quality!


Overall, successful day of shopping at the SOWA! Korky got quite a few pets and "oh how cute!" comments too so I think he enjoyed the afternoon as well.

It is a beautiful, but WARM day so I am heading home to relax for a bit before getting my 30 Day Shred on!