When you were a kid did you ever go to the drive-in? I went once with my Aunt and Uncle in Pittsburgh, Pa. We went to a double feature and saw "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter Is Dead" and "Backdraft". I thought it was the coolest experience ever! I told all my friends at school about it and just *knew* that they were all jealous.
I've been a few times over my years in Boston to the Mendon Drive-In and have always had a great time. The weather was perfect today and it screamed for me to get out to Mendon! We packed up the car, picked up some sandwiches to munch on later, and got on the road.
We got there around 7p for the first movie to start at 8:30. It was PACKED. Apparently not such an original idea.
Fortunately we found a spot and got all set up. Who doesn't love to eat dinner in the back of a car?!
Then it was time to wait for the sun to set.
The sun set a little after 8:30 so the movie started right after that. First up was Shrek 4 (or is it 14?! How many of these are there?!) and then was what we came for, Iron Man 2.
I'm sad to report that neither of these were that great. Shrek 2 hopefully is really retiring. I remember how much I enjoyed #1 and even #2, then it just went downhill from there. How much can you really do with Ogres?
Iron Man 2 was also disappointing. I love all the actors individually but it seemed like such a mismatch of people that I couldn't get into it. I also felt like it was all a big ad for the upcoming Avengers movie. Bummer!
Despite the not so great movies, the drive-in was a success. We had a great time, did some awesome people watching and ate some awesome goodies.
*PS. My massage was PERFECT. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I felt like jello walking out of there it was so fantastic.Tranquility Spa in Watertown is a definite must visit if you are in the area!*


