Tonight I'm attending a potluck and it is crazy HOT up in Boston. I couldn't even possibly think about cooking something in my oven so I went with my favorite summer salad in the whole world. Carprese Salad! There is something so fresh and wonderful about mozzarella, tomato and basil.
Caprese Salad is SO easy to throw together and tastes fantastic. Plus it is pretty. Don't you think?
In the mix for my salad:
-3 fresh tomatoes
-1/2 lb. mozzarella
-handful of fresh basil (from my garden!)
-mix of 2 tbs olive oil mixed with 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
-S&P
Slice up tomatoes and mozzarella. Layer on plate and sprinkle chopped up basil over slice. Drizzle oil & vinegar across the top. Add salt and pepper to taste. *Note: I took the pictures before the oil & vinegar step. Oops!*
My dish went over really well with everyone! I went home with a totally empty plate and not once did I have to utter "want more to drink?" Score!

