Saturday, May 01, 2010

Endurance=DONE! (Day 120)...

Today was my final endurance training walk before the big Avon Walk weekend! I was on the books for 20 miles and the weather was ready for me.

I started in Washington Square in Brookline, walked all the way down Beacon St to the edge of the Boston Common.

Walked through Downtown Crossing and across a bridge to South Boston. From there I walked along the harbor until I got to JFK Library at U Mass. 12 miles down! I met up with my friend Kyle, who graciously volunteered to walk the last 8 miles or so I needed to get in for the day.

Hello Kyle!


It was a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG walk. It was great to catch up with Kyle and have someone to talk to near the end. I'm telling you...5+ hours on your feet is rough! I didn't really think the whole walking all the way to South Boston but how do I get home situation through so The Scientist was kind enough to come pick me up. I could have easily taken the T any other day but I was T-I-R-E-D!

Green Monster to the rescue!

I sucked this baby down faster than you could even imagine! After today's feat I've decided to just relax and make the best of my evening. When I say make the best of my evening I really mean sleep. ;)