Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIF? (Day 119)...

It was a BUSY day. Both at work and outside of work. My landlord has asked that the basement be completely cleaned out so they can do a little clean up work and disinfecting down there (remember my flood situation?). I'm happy to oblige but they want it done ASAP. Coincidentally, my church is having a rummage sale tomorrow morning and is looking for donations. Clean out the basement now = Donate to a rummage sale!

There was one*tiny* little problem. My burnt fingers from yesterday! I'm still in quite a bit of pain and it is a bit hard to bend them. Can you see the little wrinkles? Those are the burns. Fortunately it doesn't look like I am going to have any major damage but they still smart!

The Scientist came to my rescue to come help me schlep stuff out to the garage. I also went through almost all of the boxes to purge, purge, purge. I'm going to be finished with #8 from my 30 While 30 in no time!

By the time we were done with the moving of boxes around and dropping stuff off at the church it was like 9:30. How did it get so late?!

I had big plans to make these black bean burgers and parsnip fries but I just couldn't get to it. Look at those lonely parsnips. :(


Instead I had a totally satisfying meal that consisted of dairy and fruit. Otherwise known as wine and cheese.


No worries though. There were no complaints from The Scientist. I think he probably preferred this to some of my "experimental cooking".

It is time to hit the hay! I've had the longest day ever and tomorrow is my final endurance walk for the Avon Walk. 20 miles on Saturday and 10 on Sunday! Wish me luck!

G'night kids!