Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thai, Thai, Thai! (Day 117)...

Who doesn't love a nice serving of pad thai?! If you don't then just leave now. Turn around and find another blog. OR! Stay here and learn to love some Thai.

Tonight I finally got to try out Coconut Cafe in Newton Centre. I've heard from a few people that it was worth the visit and I'm not the kind of person to disregard people's opinions. Whoa Nelly...they weren't kidding! This place was just what I was looking for.

Every Thai meal has to start with a Thai Iced Tea. The sweetness. The creaminess. It was all just so perfect.


Then it was on to the spring rolls. I'm not a fan of mint so I always pick it out. I love the combo of rice paper, shrimp and veggies, just minus the mint.It is all so fresh and clean tasting.


The piece de resistance was my pad thai. I've run into some various pad thai dishes around the Boston area that are...well...not good. The peanuts are kind of burned. They forget the sprouts. It just tastes bad. This dish though was PERFECT. Kind of sweet but peanuty. The tofu was cooked just right. And there was tons of it!


The Scientist really enjoyed his fried rice dish too. It had duck in it so I didn't try it out so I can't say whether or not it was good. Lets just say that he was a member of the clean plate club tonight.


It is so easy to eat at the same places over and over, but I'm so glad that we branched out to try something new. It pays to be different, right?

Question of the day: Do you eat at the same places over and over or try to find new places each time you eat out?