Thursday, April 29, 2010

Burn Baby, Burn! (Day 118)...

Picture this...I'm getting ready for work. I have my favorite Chi hair straightener in hand and I'm going to town on my hair. Then suddenly my Chi starts to slip out of my hand. Rather than let it slam to the ground I quickly grab it...on the HOT plates. Ouuucccchhhhhh!


I burnt the bejeezus out of my fingers! I was paralyzed by it for about 10 minutes and I think there might have been some crying for my mom thrown in there. Then I got to business fixing the problem. The result?
I'm having a hard time typing with the bandages and the pain is a little intense. I'm glad that it wasn't more though. The lesson for today is to PAY ATTENTION. Ugh.

Because of my little injury I forgot to pack my lunch. Jess, my work buddy, to the rescue! We went over to Basho for a little lunch and catch up session. Despite my love for sushi in all forms, I decided to branch out and get a Tempura Vegetable noodle soup dish. Bad idea. I couldn't eat it with my little chopsticks to save my life!

I enjoyed the tempura veggies, but the soup was so hard to eat that I had a difficult enjoying it. I took most of it home to slop around in the comfort of my own home. Two meals for one!

Oh, and I lied a little. I did have sushi! I split an avocado roll with Jess. Stellar!


Tonight I'm doing a short training 4 mile walk. It should go by fast because all I can think about is my fingers.

Question of the day: Do you have any major injuries because of something completely stupid?! I have hit, cut, bruised myself doing some of the dumbest things ever!