Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tuesday Training Tell-All (Day 94)...


Training Week Completed: 14
Miles Logged On the Sneaks Last Week: 16 miles
4-Tuesday, 4- Thursday, 8- Saturday
X-Training Events: Body Pump and Step Express! Phew...I also worked up a sweat chowing down on Easter Sunday. ;)

Amount of $$$ to reach goal: Dad and I have both met our minimum goal for the walk, but we are now working towards goal #2! $2000 each. Donate here!



Ok, here it is. I've officially am on a schedule for getting my butt to the gym. I'm dedicating myself a little more to the x-training part of my Avon Walk training schedule and  I've decided that there is just no way it is going to happen if I go home after work. This leaves me two options..go before work or go right after. I realize it doesn't take a genius to figure these options out, but I had to lay it out there for myself and make some decisions. The most important thing I needed to do? Get my bag packed and in my car. No excuses for not getting there if it is in my car, right?



Today was the day to try out some classes after work. There are so many great classes to choose from at my gym but I decided to hit up Body Defined and Zumba. 

Body Defined is a strength training class that combines free weights, resistance bands, the bosu, and all kinds of other equipment. I liked it because we covered several muscle groups, but I prefer the more rigid feel of Body Pump. I haven't decided if I will take this class again, but it was good to try!

Zumba is like a fun dance class. It combines some serious cardio moves with a latin flair. My instructor was awesome and I loved that we just went right into combinations without a bunch of talk. I like just getting down to business! Zumba definitely made it to my rotation of classes! Next up to try is Hoop. I will give you $1 if you can figure out what that class is going to be about. ;)