Monday, March 01, 2010

Starting the week off right (Day 59)...

When I was living in Connecticut I was really into yoga. There was a great studio down the street from my apartment and I probably spent about 5 days a week there. Unfortunately, life happens and I quit my daily practice. My training for the Avon Walk suggest that I do some cross training on non-walking days. Enter Yoga!

Look at those little tootsies! Don't make jokes. I can hear you if you do!

After doing a little yoga I worked on completing #12, learn how to make 12 new meals, in my 30 Things While I'm 30 list.

On the menu tonight: Polenta pizza, salad, and kale chips with roasted tomatoes. Yum-my!

A few days I read a post on Carrots 'N' Cake about her polenta pizza using this Real Simple recipe, but I made the mistake of buying ready made polenta instead of the make it from scratch kind.


Rather than scrap the whole dinner idea, I sliced this stuff up and layered it kind of like lasagna in a casserole dish. Topped it with some red peppers, baby bella mushrooms, and crumbled blue cheese.


I forgot to take a photo of the final product, but just close your eyes and I'm confident you can imagine it perfectly. It was really tasty and really easy to make. I'm sure the whole pizza crust is a draw to people but the convenience of instant polenta is hard to deny. Two thumbs up for this modified recipe. 

I finished off my fun yummy meal with this cute little lemon bar. I thought they were kidding when the labeled the little picture on the box as "actual size". Nope...they weren't.

Oh, and I just finished up Tomoto Girl by Jayne Pupek. Has anyone read this book? I was so disappointed at the direction this book took in the end. Its almost like the author got tired and wanted to wrap things up in just a chapter or two after building a great story for 20 or so. Next up on the reading list is a book for my book club. Any other recommendations?