Monday, October 12, 2009

Make It Monday!

I told you I was going to make 2 new items this week and I accomplished my mission. The original idea was to do a lot of veggies, but I decided to go a more savory route.

Presenting...

Simple Sesame Noodles and Pan-Seared Tuna with Avocado, Soy, Ginger & Lime!














Ok, so I know that presentation is important, but we were hungry and it was hot. I got it on the plate and we got to eating! Overall, both of these turned out great. There was a bit too much oil in both recipes for my taste (can't you see it?!), but this can be fixed easily the next time around.

The tuna I used was "sushi-grade" from Whole Foods. Seriously...this stuff was just divine! I was able to get a nice crust on both sides of the tuna, but it was still nice and pink on the inside. Cooking tuna in the pan is officially one of my favorite ways to have it!

Review of Make It Monday #1-

The Scientist- 2 thumbs up
Erin-  2 thumbs up

Final Grade= A+

PS. Those yummy sesame noodles above? Definitely slide a few to the side to eat the next day. They go fast and its a definite must to enjoy them a second time around.