Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer in the SoWa

One of my favorite things to do during the summer is to visit the South End Open Market (aka SoWa Market). This started as a summer tradition for me in 2007. Each Sunday tons of vendors come out to sell their homemade goodies. This year seems to be the best yet. There are tons of new vendors, a newly added vintage market, and several flower/food vendors too. A walk around that would normally take me about an hour now can easily take me 2 hours to look through all the goods.

While I would love to purchase every wonderful item that I see at the market, I have to resist in order to pay my rent each month.



However, lately I've been on a headband kick. I am dying for one of those feather headbands but haven't been able to find just the *right* one. As I was browsing around I came across another type of headband and fell in love immediately. Its cute, simple, and is a poppy (which is another item on my list of faves lately). I tried it on and we instantly bonded. The woman who makes/sells these goodies, Elizabeth Brennick, has tons of other great products, most for the kiddies. I wore it that same night I bought it and received several compliments. I emailed Elizabeth to say thanks for a great product and she emailed me back to thank me for being a great customer. It was a world of thankfulness and it made my day!

If you get a chance to head down to the market, do so. I heard that even celebrities visit the market!