Sunday, April 12, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

What happens in Vegas...Makes it to the Corporate Gypsy's blog!

I set off for Vegas on Friday morning bright and early. When I got to Vegas I was surprised to see how small the airport was. However, as small as the airport is, it was COVERED in ads for every show you can imagine in Vegas. Bette Midler, Cirque, Thunder Down Under, etc.



Once Tanya and I had met up, we headed over to our hotel and immediately set out to explore the city!

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino


New York, New York Hotel and Casino


Paris Hotel


Bellagio


Me in front of the Forum Shops at Ceasars Hotel and Casino


Casino Royale...Home to $1 margaritas, Denny's, and McDonalds


After our trek down the Strip we stopped for dinner at ISLA Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar


I didn't partake in the tequila bar part of the restaurant, but I did enjoy watching the Tequila Godess walk around and offer tequila to everyone who would listen! As a side note, why do Mexican restaurants always put cilantro in guacamole? Don't they realize that there are 2 people in this world? Those who like cilantro and those who don't. I think it tastes like soap and no amount of avocado can change that. :(

By the time we started to make our way back down the strip it was starting to get dark and all the lights were coming on. For some reason I pictured Las Vegas to be so much bigger, but when all the lights came on I was happy to see that it was all the tackiness that I imagined it would be!







Excalibur


We took a little nap and then headed out for some gambling. The first thing I ran into when we started gambling was this sign.

Hello Captain Obvious


We woke up early the next morning and headed down to Krispy Kreme for a little donut. Sigh...what a little piece of heaven! They don't have them in Boston and I can't thank that company enough for saving me from all those goodies.

On our list for the 2nd day in Vegas was to hit up all the fun hotels and see what attractions they had to offer on our way to Downtown Vegas.

You will notice a difference in our clothing. Tanya came prepared...I did not. :)

Excalibur Hotel


Vegas During the Day


The Elvis Lion at the MGM Grand Hotel


Almost to Downtown Vegas...




Venetian Hotel


Inside the Wynn


Outside of the Wynn


Its Zoltar from the movie BIG!


Dad look! Its the worlds largest gift shop!


Freemont St in Downtown Vegas. The Country Music Awards were in town and so were the country stars!




While in Downtown Vegas, we took a recommendation from a friend of mine and had dinner at Binion's Steak House. I'm not a meat eater, but I did enjoy the great scallops and the view of the city that the restaurant had.



Around this time I had a sad event occur...my camera broke. I managed to take a few more pics with my cell phone, but the rest I have to relive through my memories.

On our way back to the hotel from dinner we made a pit stop past the Bellagio to see the light show and check out the hotel.

Did you know that this much talked about light show is only about 3 minutes long? Seriously?! It was great. Why couldn't it last longer!?



Inside the hotel they had a wonderful tulips display. Growing up my mom always loved tulips and I thought roses were my favorite. I've grown to love tulips just like my mom did and this was just the most perfect place!





My phone didn't do to bad, did it?!

We finished the night off by having a drink at some bar in the Bellagio and I quickly spotted Leonardo DiCaprio. All those years of reading celebrity blogs finally paid off and I was able to identify him EVEN with his hat on! Although I wasn't speedy enough to get his photo. Sigh...no one can be perfect. ;)



The rest of the trip was filled with gambling, a Cirque show and laying poolside. It was great and the perfect way to relax. I'm not excactly sure how people can afford to stay there for any more than a few days. Its expensive AND its a bit crazy. Non stop entertainment and action all of the time. It makes me exhausted just thinking about it!

Las Vegas trip=Check! I officially marked one of the places off my list of things to do this year!

I wonder what is next for the Corporate Gypsy?! Tune in and see!