So this weekend we decided that we were going back in time...back to the drive-in!

It rained non-stop all freakin' day! Not just a drizzle of rain, but a full out storm with thunder and lightening. This type of storm may be normal for my days back in Florida, but its a rare sighting in the great ol' Northeast.
I plunged on with the plans though and continued to get my grocery game on in order to transform my fun Santa Fe into a moving concession stand. On the menu: spirals from Whole Foods, packs of Cherry Coke Zero, chopped veggies with red pepper hummus dip, a few bags of junk food chips and of course, twizzlers. You can't drink Cherry Coke without cherry twizzlers...its the straw!
When it came time for Marlene and I to leave the house to pick up Kelly and her sister, Christina, I was a bit nervous. The rain had been going for 12 hours straight and then a miracle occurred...the rain stopped! I opened the back door and saw the sun shining and the rain starting to dry up. AHHHHH!
The drive out to Mendon was about an hour long. It wasn't a horrible drive and I played DJ on my ipod. I love making everyone listen to my choice in music. I drive, I DJ.
When we got to the drive-in we had the choice of two screens. Screen 1 was "The Simpsons" and "Die Hard 3". Screen 2 was "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" and "Evan Almighty". It wasn't a hard choice for our group...Screen 2. When we pulled into the parking area we saw several groups parked and playing around already. I had read online that the movie "box office" opened at 6:30pm but the movies didn't actually start until the sun set which was around 8:30pm. What to do when you have so much time to kill?
PLAY FRISBEE!
I have to admit that I've never really played with a frisbee. I probably threw it once or twice and got bored in my previous life, but not anytime recently. Needless to say, my skills were not quite up to par. My action shots were also not quite so action. HA!


The rest of my group was pretty skilled with the frisbee. Personally, I think they practiced before we met up. Hmpf.




Tell me how its possible to get so hot and sweaty just running after a little yellow piece of plastic?!HOW?!
My hair was looking tough after our competition.

How do the Coursey sisters look so good?! Cheaters.

All the exercise made us hun-gry! We piled up our chairs around the car and starting shellin' out the food.

Finally it was time for the movie! YEA!


You had to get past me to get food once the movie started and I was also the DJ yet again by controlling the sound level in the car.

The movies weren't the best but they weren't the worst. We had a great time and decided that the experience was definitely worth another hour trip out to Mendon for another movie outing!

