Today I made a pit stop past Trader Joe's and picked up some Israeli Couscous. I've had it plenty of times, but I've never actually made it. The texture is fluffy, a bit chewy and feels so much more filling than regular couscous.
I picked up some delicious looking tomatoes and cute little mini cucumbers at the store too. My little brain imagined a salsa-type, almost unblended gazpacho type topping for this couscous.
My mix included: 2 tomatoes, 2 mini cucumbers, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 jalapeƱo, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1/4 onion, salt & pepper, and a little sriracha.
I just chopped everything up and let it chill together as I cooked the couscous.
Before I packed it up for my lunches I wanted to make sure it was ok tasting. You know...quality control. ;)
The box of couscous made 4 cups and the tomato mixture was 4 cups. I just dumped 1 cup of each into my 2 c. containers and I was good to go!
Notice there are only 3 containers, but my dish made 4 servings? I'm thinking my quality control got a little OUT of control this afternoon. ;)
I also baked up some bbq tofu squares in case I wanted to add a slice or two on the top of my salad. Baked tofu makes me smile.
All set and ready for the week! One less thing for me to do each night.
Question of the day: Do you have any time saving tricks to get ready for the week?

