This morning I finished up my last endurance walk before the walk. I think I've officially got my new pair of sneaks broken in and ready to go for the 2nd day of the walk. I'm relieved to have that over and done with. My training sneaks are the first pair of shoes that I've ever really given a lot of thought to. I went to the running store, had them check out my walk and suggest a pair of shoes appropriate for me. I'm so glad I did. My training hasn't been the same since! I feel lighter and move faster. I'm the next Michael Jordon in these sneaks! Ha.
I was exhausted when I was done so I was really looking forward to a relaxing afternoon doing a little chatting and taste testing with the girls. The lovely Karen was kind enough to invite us all over (AGAIN!) to hang at her place. It was brutally hot and muggy so I feel for her having to get ready and get all our goodies together. She made quite the spread!
We finally got down to business with our tasting. We are following the book Great Wine Made Simple: Straight Talk from a Master Sommelier by Andrea Robinson. Each month we try to get together to do tastings that follow along with the book. This time we were checking out the differences between varietals that are from cool climate zones vs those in moderate/warm climate zones. 8 wines, 7 ladies...Good times!
First up...the whites.
Big fan of the Kim Crawford. Not so much on the Firestone.
My fave wine of the entire afternoon. Absolutely fantastic!
All that wine made me sleepy so when I got home I just laid low for most of the night. I'm a little dehydrated after the long endurance walks and all of the heat which makes me not feel so great. Heat and I just don't get along.
Calling it an early night!





