Wednesday, May 05, 2010

So cheesy!

A few weeks ago I noticed a little recipe on Oh She Glows for a vegan parmesan cheese. I'm never one to say no to cheese, although I should a bit more. I've been reading various articles all over the net about nutritional yeast so I decided to give it a try.  I hopped by Whole Foods to pick up some other goodies and came home with the giant can of interesting.


Before my margarita celebration I decided to pop open the nutritional yeast and get to making some vegan parm cheese. Why? Because. I do random things and this is one of them. I have no plans to make anything that requires parm cheese, but if I do i will now have some. 

The cast of characters:
Nutritional yeast, sea salt, sesame seeds

Oh She Glows mentions toasting sesame seeds, but I didn't and for 2 reasons.

1. My sesame seeds are soy sauce flavored (for my sushi) and have a fun roasted flavor.
2. I'm lazy.

I grinded all the characters up in my crappy food processor and then I was done. It was so easy! I did a dip test and it tasted pretty good! 


Just seal it up and stick it in the fridge. I'm looking forward to doing a little sprinkle sprinkle with this soon!