Thursday, May 27, 2010

Getting it together (Day 147)...

I have a four day weekend coming up and I can physically feel all the stuff I need to get done piling up around me. This morning I was feeling so busy that I opened up my yogurt, placed it on my messy desk, and left it there! I totally forgot about it while I went to a meeting. I got back to my desk around 11a and found it looking like this. Gross!


When I get busy I tend to forget things. I forget my phone at home. I forget the opened yogurt on my desk. I get all the way to a store and realized I forgot to bring the shirt I specifically made the trip to return. Library books can sit in my car for days before I remember to actually go by the library to return them. It can get messy when I start to get busy and stressed. Today was no different. I was rushing out the door, grabbed my lunch and got to work. Only I forgot to actually grab my "lunch". Instead I grabbed a random bag of leftover brussels sprouts. Nothing else. Just brussels.


Although I enjoyed them quite a bit (who knew cold brussels could be so good?!), I knew it was time to take a deep breath. I filed all my paperwork, wiped off my desk and got all my unanswered emails answered. By the end of the day I was caught up and feeling pretty good about the upcoming weekend! 

I hope you all have a great evening! Take a deep breath and enjoy!