Seriously...Clean Food by Terry Walters is the perfect cookbook to have in the house. Divided up into seasons, this cookbook makes it easy to find recipes that work with produce that is in season. It also introduces all kinds of fun ingredients that I rarely would ever use.
I had a tough and hardcore workout on the bike at the gym and was starving when I got home. Now that our water is back (YAY!), I felt comfortable to get back to cooking. Enter "Black Bean Burgers w/ Pineapple Salsa". These babies were super easy to make. Although, I did learn that my food processor is a piece of junk.
While the burgers were cooking I whipped up the pineapple salsa. The recipe called for jicama, which I've never worked with before. I've eaten it plenty of times, but never have even seen it in the store before. Just so you know, this is what it looks like. Who knew?! The recipe only called for about 1 cup of jicama so I have about 4 cups left over. This baby was huge!
The whole meal was SO YUMMY! I was really impressed with all of the flavor in both the burgers and the salsa. Everything tasted really fresh and was so easy to pull together. I paired these two with a little romaine salad with grape tomatoes.
More recipes from this book are sure to come! Check it out if you get a chance.
Question of the day: Do you have an absolute fave cookbook? One that you go to if all else fails?

