Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taste Testing (Day 110)...

Another Wednesday night, another wine tasting. Does it ever get tiring tasting wine? Nope. I didn't think so.

Gordon's Wine put on a tasting with the folks from 90+ Cellars. According to 90+'s website they "are taking advantage of the current economic conditions by purchasing high quality and highly rated finished wines direct from wineries at a discount and then passing the savings on to you. Price and availability aren't the only selection criteria.  The wines we purchase must have a pedigree of 90 or higher ratings, best buy or gold medal accolades from a respected wine authority or publication."

Our job was to do some blind testing of a variety of wines from companies they work with, are considering working with, or already do some business with.





We tasted about 13 different wines. For each taste we did an evaluation and took our best guess at the varietal and whether or not it was one of the wines that 90+ already distributed.



Despite my sad looking notes, I'm actually a pretty good guesser. I managed to get 7 out of 13 right and guess which one was the 90+ wine. The Scientist got 6 out of the 13 right! Don't tell anyone, but I LOVE winning. My prize= 2 free passes to another class at Gordon's and a bottle of 90+ wine. I didn't want my Prize wine to be lonely so I bought a bottle of their Merlot (which was FANTASTIC) to go home with me.


 Cheers to another successful wine tasting!