Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2 Things I Never Thought I Would Do (Day 116)...

1. Enter a photo a contest to be "judged" and viewed by others.
2. Go to a Whiskey tasting.

I love photography. I take photos and try my best to take GOOD photos. Not Great. But Good. I am a huge fan of The Pioneer Woman's blog, not only for her recipes, but also for her photography tips. For the past few weeks she has had some themed contests and asks for submissions. There are literally thousands of people who submit photos and I was one of them this time. I knew I didn't have a chance to be selected for her blog, but it did allow me to do some critical thinking about my photos and find some fellow photographers that I really enjoy. One of them is Erin over at Finding Yourself Despite Yourself. She uses a Canon point and click camera, edits with Picnik.com and they look AWESOME. It kind of gives me a little motivation to get my camera out and learn a little more about it.

These are the 3 photos I ended up submitting.

1.Niagara Falls 2010

2. Atlantic City 2004

3. Newport, Rhode Island 2005


I'm pretty proud of myself for putting my photos out there. I hate to be judged on things I enjoy. Who does?! I also am really branching out with my understanding of taking photos and editing photos. Yay for me!

Now on to #2...whiskey tasting. I can't lie. I don't care for whiskey, scotch or gin.They just don't go down easy like wine does. However, The Macallan Whisky (no "e" on purpose) was having a free tasting event and I'm down for anything that is F-R-E-E.

As we walked in we were handed a tasting of the Macallan 10 year. *Shudder* I knew then that it wasn't going to be a good night. 


                                           

The Macallan spokesman was FANTASTIC. He had the Scottish accent, the plaid pants and the perfect sense of humor. His spiel was really informative and I learned tons. I wish I liked whiskey more! They ended up giving out tastings of 10, 12, 15, 17 and 18 year whiskeys. 


                                                     

                                            

                                                  

The event was really well planned and I was super impressed by the event as a whole. Typically these tastings are a free for all, but this one was great. I'm looking forward to next event...maybe the next one could be a Cab Sav tasting?! ;)

G' Night Kids!