I'm diligently working on my 30 While 30 list and the latest item to get attention is #12 Learn to cook 12 new meals and #14 Make a menu each week.
The menu planning is coming along quite nicely. I've been attempting to make my list Monday night and grocery shop on Wednesday. I'm nerdy enough to tell you that is when the new grocery store specials flyer comes out. I clip coupons, check my calendar and get to work. To keep my menus and grocery lists all organized and pretty, I've been using the Cheap Healthy Good blog for some great links to downloadable lists. I <3 lists.
On the menu for Monday was a dish I've been dying to try, Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti from Real Simple. I'm into the idea of making something for dinner and then using it as lunch the next day. This seemed like the perfect type of recipe for that. To Erin-ify it, I did a few modifications to this one by excluding the meat and adding mushrooms. I would show you a picture but honestly it looked like a big mess. Trust me though. It was good Mmm Mmmm Good.
However, I CAN show you what I had for lunch on Monday! Holy moly was this stuff excellent. The paneer was just the right texture and the rice didn't taste like it had been in my freezer for months. I loved it and it will definitely be making it into the Trader Joe's grocery cart on my next visit.

