
I'm proud to say that I, yes I, baked both of these pies. The pie on the left is Paula Deen's Pumpkin Pecan Pie and the pie on the right is the Pioneer Woman's Pecan Pie.
I'm sad to report that the pumpkin pecan pie tasted like absolutely nothing. Not pumpkin, not sugar, not anything. Seeing as I am a fairly new baker, I read over the recipe about 500 times to figure out where I went wrong. After a discussion with my mom I realized that instead of a just a can of pumpkin it probably should have said a can of pumpkin pie filling. It was missing all those great elements that pumpkin pie has of cinnamon, nutmeg and all those goodies. I will be making this pie again and this time it will taste like at least something, bad or good! Poor Scientist is going to weigh about 500 lbs when I'm done with this pie experiment.
The pecan pie was made tonight so I will be sure to report back on it's success!

