In 2005 I was introduced to The Kin simply by walking down Newbury Street. They were randomly playing in front of some store and I knew then that I was going to be fan. Over the past few years I've tried to catch them each time they come to Boston. So far, so good! I've even managed to convert a few friends into fans too!
Lately The Kin has been doing much bigger gigs and currently they are on tour with Rusted Root. Because of this they are playing much grander venues. Last night they were in the House of Blues. I found out that my friend Jessica is a huge Rusted Root fan so it was a concert match meant to be.
Right now they have a van, but eventually they will have a bus!
The Kin's ride.
Rusted Root's ride.
The guys did a great job and managed to win quite a few Rusted Root's fans over. Their merchandise table had a good number of visitors after their show too.
How could you not love these guys?
Isaac playing the didgeridoo. The guys are originally from Australia. Reason #298 to love them!
After The Kin's set, Rusted Root took the stage. Honestly, I didn't really know much of their music besides "Send Me On My Way", but I really enjoyed the music and the vibe of the crowd was awesome. There are some major Rusted Root fans in Boston. Who knew?!
Whoa...some serious drumming.
PS. I have some video but I can't seem to post it. Stupid blogger.










