Monday, September 14, 2009

Bruncy, Brunch, Brunch...

My buddy Christie is the master of brunch. She can throw together a 5 course meal and has the talent to make it look like she did it in her sleep. A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be on the invite to a nice summer brunch. I don't think I even finished reading the evite before I replied "YES, YES, YES". No one, and I mean no one, says no to a Christie brunch!

The Brunch Bunch








Course 1: Vichyssoise (Seriously kids...I didn't even know what vichyssoise was until it was sitting in front of me. I can officially call this chilled leek and potato soup a friend now.)


















 The master chef getting Course 2 ready to go.
 
Course 2: Fried Green Tomatoes

Course 3: Sea bass over shallots and artichokes, green beans (Take notice of the empty mimosa glass...mmmm...mimosa)


















Course 4: Fruity Bread Pudding Dessert














And the party is D-O-N-E!














I did my best to resist eating it all and just taking bites to taste it. My best did not do very well. I left Christie's house stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey and napped for the remainder of the day.

Christie's Brunch=1   Me=0


You win brunchy brunch. You win.