Sunday, August 30, 2009

Go Red Sox!

The rain managed to lighten up just enough for the game on! The good news? We had standing room only tickets and since it had been raining all day many people didn't show up so we got great seats! Bad news? It was c-c-c-c-old last night. We aren't Red Sox game pros so we were one of the few people without blankets in our area. Lesson learned!

The game was a good one. Buchholz was on fire last night and wasn't pulled until the 9th inning. The Scientist was happy to see Papelbon end the game and finish the night off.

I love baseball games. I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of the sport, but I love the people watching. I like the vendors that walk around yelling "Peanuts, Crackah Jacks, Coke!" You have to wonder where they find these people?! They all have the classic Boston accent and couldn't be happier to be walking up and down those stairs throwing food at people. The spectators are amazing too. We watched a group of college kids play beer games for about 30 minutes. More than anything I was amazed at how people manage to get drunk off of $7 beers in a little plastic cup. Fascinating.

Scorecard for the night:
The Game- 8
Spectators- 10!
Weather- 5 (Brrrr!)
Food- 7 (nachos with more onions than I care to think about. Yum-my!)
Company- 10

Overall Score- HOME RUN!

Go Sox!


View of the game





























Us near the end of the game














View of Yawkey Way (you can almost see my work building!)


















The Green Monster














David Ortiz! I've actually been up close and personal with him. H-U-G-E.


















Red Sox hero, Papelbon comign out to finish the game
Red Sox won the game 3-2!